Thursday, June 28, 2012

Why No Nasi?

Some people laughed at me when I said..
"I tak makan nasi..'
Some people was being very supportive when I said..
"Its my 47th day without nasi"

Who have thought I went this far.
Not even me!

Eating rice is part of life.
As a Malay who living in Malaysia..
I am surrounded by "nasi-eater" and most of the eateries using nasi as their main dish.

50 days ago, I realised that I was bloated.
I can feel that my fat is happily inviting some of their friends to join them living in my body.
I feel heavy and I received a lot of comments especially from my mom who always hates to see her girl adding some extra pounds.
Yes..she make some painful comments when we (the siblings) are getting fat.

I looked into the mirror and try to understand what went wrong.
Apparently...its not actually because of nasi..
It is because..I am much happier these days.
Having a work life balance and happiness is the key word for all that.

I am the person who wouldnt eat much if I'm stressed.
I do eat a lot and enjoying my food to the maximum limits when I am happy.

However, when the "M" size is no longer fit into my body..that is when I realised that enjoying the food cant be a good combination to show my happiness.

Therefore, I started my-usual-kind-of diet which is..
Stop eating rice at all.
Not even "sebutir"

I am a nasi-lover.
I once said..Aku mati kalau tak makan nasi..
But yet, when comes to diet.
I am strict towards myself.

Done once, or twice befpre
Didn't even touch nasi for more than 100 days.
I am going to do it again this time around. :D

Don't say that I am strong.
I am not.
I am trying very hard to do this..
The determination..the cravings.. Nasi is so irresistible.

Its my 47th day.
I feel less heavier..
My constipation problem almost gone!
I am still alive even without nasi :)

Coming 50 days.
I am excited as child. =D