Wednesday, February 20, 2013

35 years of everything

Two days ago marked the 35 years of marriage between Sharimah and Mohd Anif.
Two strangers who came from different background, different country, different level of thinking, different perception and different in any kinds of way.

18 February 1978.
I wonder how did this 24 years old guy thinks when he married the 16 years old girl.
I amazed with their decision to live together through thick and thin, to build a family, to live together under one roof, to appreciate and accept each other ..when they were only known each other 6 months before they said 'I do'
Within that particular period, they decided to risked their life and promised to themselves that 'This is It!' and 'This is the one'
Totally amazed.

Climbing to age of 28 years old this year...up to today, I don't think I'm ready to take up the responsibility and deal with the future tests in the name of marriage. 
Especially when I had to see my sister's painful divorce and my brother half-way marriage ended. Not including my other friends and surrounding 'unhappily married' or 'pretend to be happy in the marriage for the sake of kids' or ending their 'I do' in the court.
Yes, I am sceptical and don't blame me for this kind of perspective since I've seen a lot.
Marriage is a real huge deal for me.

That is why I wonder how my parents keep up with their married life. They went through all the fun, nonsense, sad, happy, easy and rough moment up to today.

To be together for 35 years is REALLY not easy. To deal with the partner's flaws, to swallow their weakness, to accept the egos, to arrange the family, to strategies the finance, to mold the kids attitude, to sleep on the same bed for 35 years...I don't know how they've done it!

Mummy once said.. 
'It took a lot of hardwork, patience, love, courage, respect and trust in order to be this far.. and the most essential element is the communications'

I do agree with her but still it doesn't change my negative thoughts. LoL!

I am so proud to have a parents who still fight for their marriage after soooo many years. (Since it wasn't easy to hold any marriage that long these days..)
I am truly a proud daughter of them..
Despite anything, they have developed great children who +- has succeeded in life.

Happy 35th Anniversary, Mummy and Abah!
Its such a pride to see you together up till today...and Insyallah for more years to come !
Thank you for everything uve done for us all these while. Nothing can we do to repay all the good things that you both did for us..
May Allah bless both of you, our parents!
We love you so much!

*Kaklong, Ngah, Alia, Ashikin*

P/s: That above photo are taken in 1978..few months after they both got married, 35 years ago! 
  
•Lea@Alia•Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.