Friday, February 15, 2013

Yesteryears

As I went tru my facebook newsfeed this morning, I saw few faces that makes me wonder..
Those girls used to be so "hot" , confidence, stylish and looked so glamorous during school days but now, they are just a normal ladies who trying too hard to share their life via facebook status!

I laughed alone. Especially when today, when the weather is quite gloomy and the office is pretty empty.. (some of the colleagues extended their CNY holiday breaks to the weekend)...my laughs sounds a bit loud than ordinary.

How can this happened? 
This made me think...
I was ugly during my schooldays. Believe me..you wouldn't want to see me 11 years ago.Seriously...
I wasn't really a bright student- a moderate one, has a very bad skin condition,  low self esteem and quite rough in doing things. (Still have the roughness after so many years...I think its just me born this way. lol)
I was not attractive as a lady...and I was only famous during my school days due to violation of rules or my co-curriculum activities or sports involvement.
Do you know those group of girls who was being famous since they have pretty face and being pretty?
Yes..I wasnt belong to that group. LOL.

However, today's newsfeed make me realised that 11 years after leaving the hi-school, things has changed a lot.
I wasn't really aware until saw one of the status belong to one of the famous pretty chick back in the schooldays is been telling everyone in her friend-list that she is actually having a heartbroken moment and living a hard life... OMG.. Too Much Information..I guess?

Becoming 28 this year...I was shocked to see the level of maturity showed by her.
Surprisingly, as I read her profile and her facebook activities on her wall, I was lost in translation.
The way that she portrayed herself as the victim from the unsettled love affair actually made her look like a teenage girl who doesn't know how to keep some secret to herself.  Attention seeker- to be precised.

Ah..maybe I was over-analysed. Ya ..ya ...ya..heartbroken people cant think straight! I understand. I was like that before...but, I remember the phase of over-sharing my heart broken feelings when I was younger....at least 3-4 years younger than now..
But.....at this age..-and she who used to be the centre of attraction...-and sharing her dissatisfaction on her love life.....its just like something that I don't think I can digest!
Thank God that I was immature at the proper age! LOL.

Something that I learn today is when I think again about myself 11 to 15 years ago, I used to be one particular person who always had the very low self esteem during my school days. I had becoming someone who doesn't really give shit to what people would say or think and realized that the reason I live in this world is not to be popular, glamour, adored or make people everyone happy.
The self esteem has increased and looking back to the worst old days, comparing me and the other girlish girls...I am thankful that I was ugly back then. LOL!
I had changed to become better and matured according my age level and lifestyle that I choose to live in.

Being popular and famous during schooldays will not make you grow as a successful person. Its just a phase of life that you could cherish the memories. I am sure that all the mistakes I've done throughout my yesteryear are taken as the life lesson in becoming better person everyday...

Yesterday was a Valentine's day. Since I stop celebrating it few years back..I think the above mindful thought is the greatest gift for myself in conjunction of the V day this year!

Maturity and experiences cant be bought! Live in style, have less expectation and give more attention to yourself rather than trying very hard to get attention and love from everyone. 
No one is actually love your drama! lol
Cherish the memories and I am thanking God for the opportunities! :)